You cannot look at the news without reading/hearing about the fiscal cliff that our nation is facing. As our president and Congress strive to work a deal, there is another cliff that looms even more dangerously. It’s a spiritual cliff. Can it be averted?
Yes!!! But it starts with each of us. We must develop a spiritual budget and then stick to it. Here’s the thing: our spiritual well-being has a direct effect on our physical, emotional, mental and fiscal health. God has laid out all the principles for a healthy lifestyle in His Word. The problem is either we don’t know what it says or we don’t do what it says. We’re sinful and we are heading for a spiritual cliff.
The good news is God has provided a way that we can go to him without going over the cliff. Trust in God’s son, Jesus, and his finished work on the cross.
I want to challenge you to make 2013 a year of personal spiritual growth. Here’s some biblical suggestions:
* Spend time daily in God’s word.
* Pray. Give thanks and praise to God. Ask Him for wisdom to understand the Bible and live accordingly.
* Love more. Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
* Attend church and Bible study weekly. Ask God to put the desire in your heart to be in His house with His people learning His word on a regular basis.
* Take care of your body. It is the temple of the Holy Spirit of God.
* Take care of your mind. Don’t fill it with garbage. Learn new things. Never stop learning.
* Take care of your financial needs. Don’t overspend. Start by giving God the first fruits of your income, not the left-overs.
Now let’s go out there and make the best of 2013!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.”
Follow Merry Ministries online
Share this blog post