Our Mission – Biblical Knowledge/Practical Application/Changed Lives
Merry Ministries exists to study the Bible in its historical context and for application of God’s Word in today’s world to transform our lives for Christ.
Our Merry Ministries Coordinator is Kathy Huebner (email@example.com) and our Tuesday evening coordinator is Lynell Baird (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our leader and teacher is Mary Willis (email@example.com). You may contact any of these ladies for more information about Merry Ministries.
About Mary Willis
At the age of nine, Mary committed her life to Jesus Christ and was baptized. She believes that all Christians are called into Christian ministry and should live to serve God whether it is their occupation or not. A Christian’s ministry can be in their home, their school, their workplace, their community, and of course, in the church. Mary has served God in all of these places.
Mary loves speaking to women and teaching them God’s Word. She uses humor and real life stories to convey how practical and applicable the Bible is in today’s world. She challenges women to be what God has called them to be.
Mary has been married to Ken Willis for over 40 years, and they have three grown children and four grandchildren. Next to God, family is the most important thing to Mary. Here’s more about Mary.
- Leads and teaches Merry Ministries Bible Study at Sugar Land First United Methodist Church – an interdenominational group of over 500 members Willis founded with a few ladies over 25 years ago
- Member of Sugar Land Baptist Church
- Speaker for retreats, luncheons, special events
- Received training from (CLASS) Christian Leaders, Authors and Speakers Seminar (Florence Littauer)
- Former Director of Ladies Bible Study and Women’s Ministry, First Baptist, Sugar Land (13 years)
- Former Moms In Prayer International prayer group leader for three different Ft. Bend ISD schools for ten consecutive years
- Former public schools volunteer board member for over ten years
- Former Mother’s Day Out Director First Baptist Church, Sugar Land (4 years)
- Taught at Meadows Elementary School, Ft. Bend ISD (5 years)
- Graduated from University of Houston, with a degree in Education
- Has taught Sunday School/Bible Study for many different age groups
Follow Merry Ministries online