At the age of nine, Mary committed her life to Jesus Christ and was baptized. She believes that all Christians are called into Christian ministry and should live to serve God whether it is their occupation or not. A Christian’s ministry can be in their home, their school, their workplace, their community, and of course, in the church. Mary has served God in all of these places.
Mary loves speaking to women and teaching them God’s Word. She uses humor and real life stories to convey how practical and applicable the Bible is in today’s world. She challenges women to be what God has called them to be.
On a more personal note, Mary has been married to Ken Willis for over 35 years, and they have two daughters, two son-in-laws, a son, a granddaughter and a grandson. Next to God, family is the most important thing to Mary.
- Leads and teaches Merry Ministries Bible Study at Sugar Land First United Methodist Church – a Wednesday morning interdenominational group of over 400 members Willis founded with 8 ladies almost 20 years ago
- Active member of Second Baptist Church, Houston
- Organizes women’s retreats, luncheons, and dinners
- Speaker for retreats, luncheons, special events
- Received training from (CLASS) Christian Leaders, Authors and Speakers Seminar (Florence Littauer)
- Former Director of Ladies Bible Study and Women’s Ministry, First Baptist, Sugar Land (13 years)
- Former Moms In Touch International prayer group leader for three different Ft. Bend ISD schools for ten consecutive years
- Former public schools volunteer board member for over ten years
- Former Mother’s Day Out Director First Baptist Church, Sugar Land (4 years)
- Taught at Meadows Elementary School, Ft. Bend ISD (5 years)
- Graduated from University of Houston, 1976
- Has taught Sunday School/Bible Study for many different age groups